~*~*~*~ NOTE~*~*~*~

I am currently in the process of changing my new tutorials over to this blog. Please be patient with me while I do this process.

Monday, January 18, 2010

The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

Click on picture to see the image bigger.
Tutorial by BabyV written on 1/18/2010
This tutorial was made by my own ideas, any similarity to any other tutorial is by mere chance.

In my tutorials I will place hex codes for colors. You can use them if you chose but please use some of your own creativity in with my tuts.

The six Tubes used are created by the artist Keith Garvey, you can purchase his work here.


The mask I used can be found here, I have no idea who made it but if someone can refer me to their site so I may give proper credit to them and have them download there I would appreciate it.

Scrap kit used is by BabyVDezign and its called My Blue Valentine which you can buy here.

Open Psp and create an image size 550 X 250px
( from now on this will be referred to as your working image)

Flood fill with a color of choice. I chose white.
Create a new layer and flood fill with another color of choice I chose color #8c9db6

Open the mask in PSP go to layers, new mask layer, and chose from image.
on the box that pops up make sure that you select Source Luminance and Invert Mask Data. Merge group.

Use your selection tool at the rectangle setting. What you are going to do is make a selection of the rectangle part of the mask. You may have to redo it a few times but keep doing it till you get all the inside rectangle selected. Once all selected hit the delete key on your key board.

Now open the kit and grab a paper of choice. I used paper 8. Copy and paste it onto your working image. Go to Selections chose Invert and then hit the delete key on your key board. Deselect. Now change the opacity on this image to around 65.

Now chose the mask layer again. You will notice smaller blue outline from the inner rectangle. You need to use your selection tool again at rectangle and go along the outside of this rectangle. Again you may have to redo it a few times to get all the blue on the inside of the selection. Once done make a new raster layer and flood fill the selected area of this new layer with a contrasting color. I chose black #000000. Deselect.

Now chose the layer that of the paper and select it. Go back to the darker contrast rectangle and hit the delete key on the key board.

Now open your tubes in PSP Copy and paste them onto your image as you like. Two of them will have to be bigger than the other 4 for the outside girls. Once you have them all resized to your liking you will need to go back to the paper layer.
select it. Close off the layers of your outer girls, go to your paper layer and select it. Go to Selections, Invert. Now grab your eraser tool and chose the layer of one of the smaller girls. Use the eraser just around the bottom of the selection to the bottom of the image. You will need to repeat this for each of the small tubes. Once this is done merge the smaller tube layers. Move this merged layer under the dark contrast frame layer.

*NOTE*

The bottoms of the smaller girls should be touching the dark contrast frame when you move them under it. You may have to move them down some to achieve this look.

Once the girls have been moved under the frame use a drop shadow of your choice.
Now go back to the two bigger girls. These girls are to stay off to the sides of the tag and they are to stay ABOVE the contrast frame. Add a drop shadow of choice to them as well.
Now is the time to add in your elements as you want them and to place on your copyright, license number, along with name or saying.You can copy how I did my elements but I prefer you to get creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment